Monday, November 29, 2010

Opinion #1

Homosexuality.
What's wrong with it? Why is being gay so frowned upon in our society?
My guard instructor is gay. I've talked to him, hung out with him, even met his boyfriend. And there's nothing even slightly wrong with him.
Two of my friends were talking about what they would do if their kid was gay. They said they would disown them and kick them out.
How could someone do that? How could someone be so cruel? How can they call themselves Christian when they can't accept someone for who they are?
Well that conversation started a snowball effect with me. I began asking everyone I knew the question. What would they do if they're child was gay?
The answers appalled me. Only two people agreed with me. Everyone else saw homosexuality as something hideous to be shied away from.
I can't imagine it. If my child was gay, I would support them and continue to love them unconditionally. If we expect to be accepted for who we are, then who are we to judge so harshly? What gives us the right to discriminate anyone else?
I just don't understand society..

1 comment: